New laws are now in effect which expose franchisors to higher penalties if their franchises breach employment laws and record-keeping obligations.
Higher Penalties Now Apply
Companies who seriously breach the Fair Work Act now face a maximum penalty of $630,000 per breach. Individuals face a maximum penalty of $126,000 per breach.â€‹
Better HR Can Help Protect You & Your Franchises
â€‹To avoid big fines and penalties franchisors must:
- 1. Audit all franchisees on an annual basis to determine if they are compliant with Australian employment laws.
- 2. Prepare a detailed HR Compliance Report each year to highlight any areas that the franchisor need to focus on to meet their legal obligations.
- 3. Provide all franchisees with a HR and Compliance System that includes everything they need to achieve best-practice HR management and full-compliance with Australian employment laws.
- 4. Provide training to franchisees to help them understand their legal obligations and what they need to do on a day to day basis to achieve best-practice HR management and full-compliance with Australian employment laws.
Better HR’s HR Platinum subscription provides everything you need to manage HR and compliance. â€‹Used correctly, it can help you:
- – Save time and money
- – Avoid big fines and penalties
- – Minimise damaging employee claims
- – Maximise workforce productivity.
Better HR’s HR Platinum subscription includes:
- – Employment Contracts
- – Personnel Files
- – HR Letters & Forms Templates
- – HR Process Flowcharts
- – HR Records Management
- – Plain-English Law Guides
- – Expert HR Advice
- – WH&S Management
- – And more!
Trusted By Thousands
â€‹Better HR is trusted by thousands of users and over 300 partners including many well-known Australian franchises.â€‹