If you’re not keeping mandatory employee records for at least 7 years then you’re also exposing you and your business to risks such as big fines and penalties, damaging employee claims and expensive back-pay orders.
What records must Employers keep
Employers have to keep time and wages records for 7 years.
Time and wages records have to be:
- Readily accessible to a Fair Work Inspector
- In English
If records aren’t kept or are incorrect, Fair Work Inspectors can issue employers with an on-the-spot fine, called an infringement notice.
It is unlawful for employers to make or keep employment records that they know are false or misleading.
The BetterHR Timesheets Register:
Timesheets data is safely stored online, and automatically backed up, in one of Australia’s most secure data centres. Access is protected by an ultra-high security environment.
Timesheets can be easily downloaded, at any time, in Excel format. For payroll processing or forwarding to your bookkeeper, accountant or outsourced payroll provider. Exported data can also be imported easily into your preferred payroll software (eg. Xero, MYOB or Quickbooks).
Managing timesheets records online can help you:
- Streamline your HR records management
- Ensure full-compliance with your legal obligations (eg. Fair Work Act, Fair Work Regulations and Privacy legislation)
- Save time and money on HR
How BetterHR Timesheets Register helps employers
Available to HR Platinum subscribers, BetterHR’s Timesheets Register makes it easier for employers to manage employee timesheet records. In full-compliance with their legal obligations.
How the BetterHR Employee App helps:
Free up your time and your office by implementing BetterHR’s Employee App.
BetterHR Employee App integrates seamlessly with BetterHR’s HR software.
Its FREE for your employees with any HR Professional or HR Platinum subscription.
Benefits for business owners and managers:
- Reduce administration costs and time
- Add/remove employee access quickly and easily
- View/check updates by employees to personnel files
- Approve/reject timesheets
- Approve/reject leave requests
- View shift start and end times vs actual clock on / clock off times
- View employee location at clock on / clock off times
- View/export bulk timesheets for payroll
- View/export bulk leave requests for payroll
- Run payroll reports using timesheets/leave requests
- View/edit HR records for employees
- And more!
Benefits for employees:
- Personnel Files – View/edit contact details, emergency details, photo, etc
- Roster – View calendar of pending/approved work shifts, leave, etc
- Clock on / Clock off – Start and end shifts. Record real time and GPS location
- Add Timesheets – Add timesheets for ordinary hours, overtime, etc
- Add Leave – Add leave requests and attach records such as medical certificates
- Add HR Records – Add files and photos such as signed letters, drivers’ licence, trade certificate, compliance checks, etc
- Contact HR – View contact details for your company such as HR, payroll, etc