HR Advice Online Service
We help key advisors get plain-English answers to client's HR and employment law questions, and access compliant HR tools for clients at special rates.
Protect You and Your Business
BetterHR Advice Online Service helps key advisors, such as payroll officers and bookkeepers, to avoid prosecution for accessorial liability if your company, employer or client breaches Australian employment laws.
Over 90% of all litigations commenced by the Fair Work Ombudsman last financial year sought orders against accessories.
Accessorial liability issues for individuals often arise in relation to breaches of the National Employment Standards, sham contracting, underpayments, adverse action and discrimination.
Even relatively minor actions can result in a person being held accessorily liable. For example, a failure to give written notice of dismissal before terminating a person from their employment would contravene the Fair Work Act. The employer and any person involved in the contravention could then face prosecution by the Fair Work Ombudsman.
If you fail to correctly explain the rules to your employer, make it clear when they are in danger of breaking them or become involved in breaches of the law yourself you risk being held personally liable under Section 550 of the Fair Work Act.
Get Answers to Specific Client HR Questions Via Email
BetterHR Advice Online Service helps key advisors get answers to specific client HR and employment law questions via email. Such as:
- Employee Modern Award Coverage
- Pay Rates
- Long Service Leave
- Poor Work Conduct and Performance
Accessing the service is easy. Simply login to your Better HR and complete the relevant ADVICE form. One of our friendly team of HR and employment law experts will respond to your enquiry via email within two working days.
Get General HR Advice By Phone
BetterHR Advice Online Service helps key advisors get general advice about HR and employment law matters by phone.
- Fair Work Act (eg. National Employment Standards, Modern Awards, etc)
- Hiring workers (eg. to get the best candidates and minimise the risks of unsuccessful candidate claims)
- Inducting workers (eg. to ensure they understand and comply with your workplace policies and procedures)
- Paying workers (eg. to ensure compliance and avoid employee underpayment claims and backpay orders)
- Performance management (eg. to identify and correct performance issues and maximise productivity)
- Disciplinary issues (eg. to identify and correct bad conduct and issue compliant warnings when needed)
- Managing HR records (eg. to ensure compliance with your legal obligations and avoid fines and penalties)
- Exiting workers (eg. to minimise the risks of expensive unfair dismissals claims and general protections claims)
- And more!
Accessing the service is easy. Simply login to your BetterHR and complete the ‘HR Advice by Phone Request Form’. One of our friendly team of HR and employment law experts will call you back. Calls are FREE for the first 15 minutes. Then $49.50 per 15 minutes if you need to continue (50% saving on our non-subscriber rate).
Get Compliant HR Tools On-Demand
BetterHR Advice Online Service helps key advisors access special rates on HR tools for your clients.
- All-In-One HR Software
- Employment Contracts
- Position Descriptions
- HR Policies
- Letter and Form Templates
- Employment Handbooks
- HR Representatives for disciplinary meetings and performance reviews
- Representation for unfair dismissal matters and other Fair Work Commission matters
- And more!
Like what you see
Scope of Service:
Our team is comprised of HR and employment law experts. We can answer questions relating to general human resources matters and employment laws such as the Fair Work Act 2009 and Fair Work Regulations 2009 (eg. National Employment Standards, Modern Awards, employment contracts, modern award interpretation and unfair dismissal).
We are unable to provide advice relating to superannuation, taxation, or salary sacrificing arrangements as these topics are not governed by employment law.
Importantly, Better HR is not a law firm and we do not provide legal advice. Better HR’s advisors are experienced and qualified HR and employment relations professionals. We speak in plain-English and provide subscribers with practical advice and support.
Pay up front for a 12 month subscription
Trusted by hundreds of successful businesses every day
Our clients say
"Small cost for peace of mind."
Vivo Cafe Group
"Time is MONEY! We are compliant & up to date at all times"
AIM Bookkeeping Consultants
"It's like having my own HR department 24/7 - peace of mind I can afford."
General Manager Operations
"Better HR's HR expertise means my business is in the best possible hands."
"Better HR is absolutely priceless."