The Fair Work Ombudsman’s 2018-19 Annual Report reveals that Fair Work Inspectors issued almost half a million dollars in on-the-spot fines last financial year.
The report reveals:
- Fair Work Inspectors issued $479,900 in on-the-spot fines in 2018-2019.
- Inspectors conducted more than 2800 workplace audits.
- Inspectors issued 563 infringement notices.
- Inspectors issued 247 compliance notices, with more than $1 million in unpaid wages recovered.
- The FWO secured $4,400,772 in court-ordered penalties in 2018-2019.
- Over 50 per cent of litigations filed involved businesses in the fast food, restaurants and cafe sector.
- The FWO had 67 matters before the courts as of 30 June 2019.
Total Monies Recovered
- $40,204,976 in total monies recovered for 17,718 workers in 2018-2019.
Record Penalty For Failing To Comply
- Record penalty of $105,000 against a business and director for failing to comply with Fair Work Commission Orders
Biggest Enforcable Undertaking
- $447,717 for 1174 cleaners.
Number Of Disputes
- 29,130 in completed disputes in 2018-2019.
- Anonymous reports to the FWO increased, with over 16,000 reports received.
- Over 1200 reports made in languages other than English.